Tuesday 12 December 2017

Felans 01

I continue my look at the figures I have for the alien races found in the N.E.W. rulebook. This time I am focussing on the catlike Felans. In my campaign, there are a few feline races. The MekPurrs are the most technologically advanced, whilst Feline Avatars are more warlike and aggressive. The Felans, however, have a deserved reputation for being easily distracted, and often flit from career to career. The different species do all share certain traits, such as being very agile and graceful as well as being fearsome in combat.
The two Felans shown to the left are Makil, a male pilot and Arhel, a female scientist. They are husband and wife. These two figures were produced by Space Vixens from Mars as part of their Rim Aliens range of 28mm scale figures, where they are listed as male Mahboc and female Mahboc respectively. They cost £2.50 each. They are just perfect for Felans, both in size and pose. I do like them a lot.
The large fellow at the right is Waroakhei, a bounty hunter. He is produced by Alternative Armies as part of their Ganesha Games sci-fi range. He is listed as a Techno Barbarian and he costs £7.00. You can also get him as part of a pack of three (the other two are male and female humans) for £11.00, which is what I did. He is quite large for a Felan and would work just as well as an Avatar, but I decided to make him a Felan because he looks very similar to the two figures by Space Vixens from Mars, albeit taller.
I do have a great fondness for cat-like races as I am very much a cat lover. Expect to see more feline figures in the future.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I love the AA mini, as I've mentioned before on here, so seeing it combined with the two SV mini's is giving me a few ideas for my Star Trek stuff should I ever get back to it.

    I love the colours and can't wait to see them in WOIN action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Roy. The three figures do go together very well and I could certainly see them working just fine in a "Star Trek" setting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing you add to the feline concubine in "Death Match" with more felines.

      Delete
    2. Funny you should mention that Bryan we have a second concubine coming out in January

      Delete
    3. That is good news, Dave. Something to look forward to!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Those faces are absolutely superb, Bryan, "the large fellow" in particular. Great expressions! Like Roy I immediately thought of the female Mahboc in a red uniform as Lieutenant M'Ress from "Star Trek: The Animated Series".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Simon. I never saw "Star Trek: the Animated Series" so I couldn't possibly comment but I'll take your word for it. After all, the Rim Aliens range are nearly all not-Star Trek figures.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant brushwork Bryan!
    It's great to see how well WOIN allows you to integrate your personal favourite styles of alien races seamlessly into the game. Brilliant stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Greg. That is one of the fun things about WOIN - the ability to add new stuff. It is very much a sandbox game that gives the games master a lot of freedom to do whatever they want.

      Delete