Monday 9 April 2018

Assorted Human Female Adventurers 01

I'm over half way through my Alien Base scenario, but I want to take a short break to show you some new figures (well, three of them are new). These four assorted female adventurers were all produced by different companies. Anyone who knows me well will know how much I like strong female characters. These four lovely looking females will most certainly feature at some point in my The Ace of Spades Campaign.
At the far left is Honey Ketchup, which is the name given to her by the team at Space Vixens from Mars, the company who produce her figure. Their website describe her as a "femme fatale" and a "woman of mystery - make of her what you will." I love this figure! She looks so sassy and so sexy. She is armed with a pair of energy pistols, maybe blaster pistols or maybe phaser pistols. The fact that they are silver-plated indicates that they are at the very least, high quality weapons, possibly even higher. She is SKU-SV58 Honey Ketchup in the Space Vixens from Mars webstore and she costs just £2.00.A bargain!
Next in line is Nina Chi, a very Mangaesque-looking figure who is produced by Shadowforge, and whom I bought from Grekwood Miniatures a few years ago. She is described as a security officer but I see her as a bounty hunter, and that is the role I aim to use her as in my WOIN games. She is armed with a Ding Exploration IG66 Zero Point Hunting Rifle and a Daystellar N23 Whitesteel Electro Autopistol. She is beautifully sculpted with a very peachy backside! Sadly, Grekwood Miniatures no longer sell her but you can buy her from Eureka Miniatures where she is listed in their Shadowforge characters range as C105 Ninna Chi - Astro Corps Security. She costs AU$6.00. Although Eureka are based in Australia, I have ordered from them in the past and never had any problems with them.
Third in line is Tomoko, a female adventurer produced by Hasslefree Miniatures and sculpted by Kevin White. Yet again, there is a certain Manga vibe about her. Her armour is not black but a very dark green. Her hair is black with purple highlights. I haven't yet decided on her profession but she is just too good a figure not to use. She is armed with a high quality New Prime XD074 Polaron Autocannon. She is listed as HFA069 Elite Tomoko on the Hasslefree webstore and she costs £5.00. Note that there are other versions of Tomoko available - HFA059 is the same figure with a smaller SMG-sized weapon (also £5.00) and if you're feeling really extravagant, you can get the SMG armed Tomoko cast in clear resin for a whopping £30.00!
Finally, is Halmia Katura, an incredibly rich dilettante and a psyker. I named her as I have big plans for her in an upcoming scenario in my The Ace of Spades Campaign. Halmia likes to gamble, so she will soon be crossing paths with Kimberley Wells. Clearly, she is unarmed but she's no pushover. She is produced by Alternatives Armies as part of their Ganesha Games sci-fi range. She is listed as PSY02 Techno Barbarian Pose 1 and she costs a mere £2.00. Another bargain!
This is a mighty fine array of human female adventurers from four different companies but they all look great and I'm pleased to have them in my collection.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice. I've something like four or five of the Alien Base posts still to read, but should get round them at some point this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Roy. Just take your time. There's no pressure from me. I hope you're doing well, mate.

      Delete
    2. Getting there, thanks. I've just taken delivery of a load of dirt cheap dvd box sets from Amazon, so I'll busy myself with watching those and reading books while I try and sort myself out. Thankfully not working Salute, as from what I've heard and read about trading the show it would completely wipe me out. Got Newark at the end of the month and that can get busy-enough for my liking.

      Delete
  2. You've made a good job of the purple hair Bryan it's very nice. The lass on the right in the blue dress, do you think painting the metal grieve on her leg as a boot would work. That would transform her into a figure from almost any period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. There is no reason not to paint her leg grieve as part of a boot. I simply copied the colour scheme from the website.

      Delete
  3. Nicely painted models Bryan, the best of the group figure wise for me has to be Tomoko with the most natural feel to the model

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Dave. Kev White is the master when it comes to sculpting females. He's certainly done a first class job on Tomoko.

      Delete
  4. "A mighty fine array of human female adventurers" indeed Bryan, and your brushwork and backgrounds have done a mighty fine job of bringing them to life too :-)
    Looking forward to meeting them in future WOIN reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatly appreciated, Greg. I'm looking forward to using all four in my campaign.

      Delete