Wednesday 22 August 2018

Hong Kong Killer Fembots

When I first saw this range of 30mm scale figures produced by Statuesque Miniatures I knew I wanted them. These are the Hong Kong Killer Fembots, beautifully sculpted by Andrew Rae. Unfortunately, when I went to buy them from their website, they were all out of stock and remained so for what seemed ages. However, last month I discovered that Andrew had restocked them. I immediately placed an order for 10 of these figures and they got painted very quickly.
At the far left is the gang's leader, Mei-Lin Mayfair. Mayfair is an ambidextrous assassin android who does not have a sense of humour. Her gang are independent assassins for hire and will work for anyone for the right price. She is armed with a pair of MicroCo J040 Stingfury Tachyon Autopistols with the High Damage customisation. Her figure comes in four parts, not including her base - head, body and two arms.
The other four figures shown with Mayfair are unnamed generic assassin androids with identical stats. They are also armed with MicroCo J040 Stingfury Tachyon Autopistols with the High Damage customisation. These figures come with a choice of three bodies, three right arms and two heads (bare-headed or helmeted). This gives you numerous options for how to pose them.
Moving on, in this group at the far left is Xiao Xiuyang, Mayfair's second-in-command. Her figure is one of the three standard bodies with the bare-headed option, which, as you can see, is different to Mayfair's head. Note that for the standard fembots all of the bare heads are identical.
The other four fembots with Xiuyang are more unnamed generic assassin androids identical to the previous four shown above. I painted these with Citadel Skullcrusher Brass then gave them a Citadel Agrax Earthshade wash. Then I dry-brushed them with Skullcrusher Brass. Mayfair and Xiuyang were dry-brushed with Citadel Burnished Gold. Their pistols were painted with Foundry Blackened Barrel 105B. All in all, these were very easy to paint.
Obviously I have plans for using them in my The Ace of Spades Campaign but I can also see them making an appearance in Mega City One, perhaps renaming them as Sino City Killer Fembots. I just think these are fantastic sculpts and I look forward to using them in a game.
You can buy Mei-Lin Mayfair for £4.75, a set of three generic Killer Fembots for £10.00 or best of all, Mei-Lin plus six generic Killer Fembots who are currently on sale for £21.00 instead of £24.75. Here's the link for them - http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4513083/1/hong-kong-killer-fembots.html

14 comments:

  1. Now I like those enormously, Bryan, so much so that I've inadvertently followed the link you provided and would appear to be having some sent to me, along with a quartet of resistance fighters - which look pretty awesome too. The gold/brass look is excellent, and I like the black lining on the faces too - some sort of Rocketeer vibe perhaps? They also would seem highly suitable for some sort of "Ghost In A Shell" shenanigans? Terrific posting, one of my faves :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, Simon, many thanks for the kind words. Good for you for investing in a set. Those resistance fighters you mention keep calling out to me. "Buy me!" they keep on saying. I know I will succumb sooner rather than later. Actually, I like all of their sci-fi figures and I could easily find a use for all of them in my games.
      I hadn't thought of "Rocketeer" when painting my Fembots, but I can see why you might think so.

      Delete
    2. Fantastic service from "Statuesque Miniatures" too, Bryan, as my Fembots have already arrived - only ordered yesterday morning!!

      Delete
    3. That's great news, Simon. They didn't hang about with my order, either. I'm very happy for you.

      Delete
  2. Awesome fembots! I can see so many uses for these in your campaigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting Bryan, can see these being used in a multitude of different games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dave. You're so right - they will get used in a multitude of games.

      Delete
  4. These I really like, great sculpts and very nicely painted as well, a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you, John. Suffice to say, I'm delighted with them.

      Delete
  5. These are just SO, SO cool Bryan - many thanks for the link! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. I had a feeling you'd find the link useful as I can imagine you wanting these for your "Blade Runner" campaign.

      Delete
  6. Well you said you had them, and now you've done an absolute bang up job of painting them too, they are simply beautiful Bryan. I love Mai Lin, there's a real "Ghost in the Shell" vibe to her, which is no bad thing. I can see me parting with so well earned for these at some point.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Roger. I do remember mentioning that I had them on your blog. I'm not surprised you like Mei-Lin so much - she's my favourite as well. I hope you do buy them soon whilst they're still in stock.

      Delete