Thursday 9 May 2019

Ghostbreakers Ghostmobile

The Ghostbreakers from New York as presented in the N.O.W. supplement, Spirits of Manhattan use a disused Range Rover Popemobile as their Ghostmobile. Of course, if you're running your own franchise, rather than using the core team from the supplement you can use any vehicle that has a large enough capacity to carry your average evil nasty plus four man team, such as a transit van, pick-up, SUV, ambulance, hearse or camper van. As part of the franchise deal you will be supplied with the necessary anti-plasm plating that can be used to set up a containment area that keeps the spooks corporeal, just like the original Ghostmobile.
I don't know of any company who makes a 28-32mm Popemobile, However, Crooked Dice Games do make an excellent vehicle for their Paranormal Exterminators, which they have named PX1. Note that I have painted the official Ghostbreakers logo on the bonnet/hood of the vehicle, and yes, that was painted freehand. I'm very happy with the outcome. 😊
It is clearly based on the ECTO-1 Ghostmobile from the Ghostbusters series of films but fits in perfectly for this alternative version of the setting.
I have only just noticed that I haven't painted the registration plate yet. Oops! I'll rectify that as soon as possible. I'll probably stick with the CDG name and call it PX-1.
My 28mm scale figure of Vampifan has been included to give you a sense of scale. It is quite a long vehicle.
The vehicle is cast in resin, as are the equipment rack on the roof, the flashing roof lights and the wing mirrors, which are incredibly brittle. I replaced mine with a small piece of thin card stuck atop a short length of a paper clip. The wheels are made of metal.
The model costs £20.00 from the Crooked Dice Games webstore. I plan on using mine as a replacement for the team's Popemobile. It is a great model.

6 comments:

  1. Great work on your ghostbusters vehicle Bryan, great idea to replace the brittle parts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dave. Replacing the brittle wing mirrors was an easy conversion and makes them far more durable and robust. I don't know why CDG didn't make them out of metal in the first place.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you enjoying your 'Ghostbusters' stuff so much, Bryan, your enthusiasm for this genre literally bounces off the page! I always try and steer well clear of freehand, so doff my cap at your marvellous logo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Simon. It is fair to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying working on this project. Funnily enough, going through my collection of fantasy figures (it's HUGE!) I found the perfect figure to use as a Gozarr the Devourer. I thought he'd be the one figure I wouldn't be able to replicate on the tabletop. Happy days!
      Regarding the Ghostbreakers logo, I drew it on the bonnet with a pencil first, then filled it in with paint. Doing the black lines was the hardest part but not beyond my capabilities. Remember, I trained as a graphic designer, so this came naturally to me.

      Delete
  3. Cracking job on the ghostmobile Bryan, the windows are especially impressive but the freehand logo is just stunning :-)
    Excellent response vehicle for the team and I can't wait for them to get their first call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatly appreciated, Greg. I am especially proud of the logo. i definitely want to play some Ghostbreakers games but sadly I fear it will be later rather than sooner. I resume my "The Ace of Spades Campaign" next post and after that I want to make a start on my Judge Dredd campaign.

      Delete