Saturday 8 September 2018

Daruma SLA Industries Romulus Stretch Limo

It isn't often that I show vehicles on either of my two blogs, but this is a model that I bought recently that I want to share with you. It is a 32mm scale Romulus Stretch Limo produced by Daruma for the SLA Industries role-playing game. As soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted one. I immediately thought of uses for it in Judge Dredd or N.E.W. However, finding one was not easy. The Daruma webstore was down for maintenance and still is. Luckily, Wayland Games had one for sale, so I immediately snapped it up, and I'm glad I did as I haven't found anyone else selling it.
The triple-axle stretch limo is the final word in lavish. It matches unparalleled performance with safety and luxury and is the ultimate rich man's toy.
The model was cast in resin and the body, which is hollowed out, came in two halves. The six wheels and front bumper and engine grille were separate components.
If you're wondering how can the driver see out of such a small windscreen, the Romulus comes with an advanced sensor bundle and multi-optics which are all tied directly back to the driver in the cockpit. A fully integrated control system gives her unparalleled data and is updated constantly, offering the cutting edge in drive systems – a skilled driver can produce exceptional levels of manoeuvrability and agility from this large and high powered vehicle, which is capable of performing at levels that most combat pilots envy.
This is a big model. It measures 155mm in length, by 60mm in width and 40mm in height. The figure of Vampifan that I've placed in each of my photos shows you just how big this beast is.
I could see this being used by a gang lord, any VIP or mega-rich celebrity in a future society. I have plans for using this in an upcoming scenario for my The Ace of Spades Campaign but I could also see it fitting in so well in Mega City One.
I am delighted that I was able to find one for sale. If I could find more of them, I'd happily buy a fleet of five or six of them. I love this model! It looks so powerful, so menacing and so cool! Note that there is a smaller version of this model, with four wheels instead of six and two doors instead of four, called the Augustus. It doesn't grab me as much as the Romulus does.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great-looking car, Bryan. I can certainly see why you'd want to get your hands on that, it looks marvellously futuristic. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Don Uggie himself flipping Judge Dredd a bannana skin or two from it. Good call going for the six-wheeler too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated, Simon. I had to smile at the image of Don Uggie throwing banana skins at Judge Dredd!
      The six wheeler is a far better model than the four wheeler.

      Delete
  2. Great looking vehicle Bryan, having driven a car with only a six inch tall windscreen it is possible, but the added sensors should make it a lot easier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dave. I suspect that the driver will rely more on her sensors than on looking out the windscreen to drive the car. It is worth bearing in mind that tank drivers have much smaller vision slits to see through.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It sure is, John. On the Daruma website they show it alongside a Games Workshop Land Raider and it is longer than that.

      Delete
  4. "Parker forget the Roll's, get the bad ass limo instead!!"

    "Hell yes, m'lady".

    That is a very cool ride Bryan.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Nice one, Roger, but wouldn't Lady P want it to be pink, not black?

      Delete
  5. What a cool looking motor! Nice one

    ReplyDelete