Wednesday 26 September 2018

Drahzik 01

There are seven main races covered in the N.E.W. rulebook that may be used as player characters, but there are a lot more that have been added to this list, many of which can be found in articles posted online for the EONS magazine, which is the official magazine devoted to the WOIN RPG systems. One of the new races presented is the Drahzik. This race was very clearly heavily influenced by the Predator aliens seen on film and in comic books. The two figures I'm showing here were produced by Heresy Miniatures but sadly, are no longer available. They were made of metal and came with interchangeable hands and backpack weapons. They were perfect figures to use as Drahzik.
At the left is A'thith-thwin, an athletic Drahzik Manhunter who wears trophies of his vanquished foes. He is an incredibly tough character being Grade:11 with a maximum dice pool of 8d6. To put that in context, my The Ace of Spades PCs are Grade:6 with a maximum dice pool of 6d6. He spent his first 13 years as a Drahzik Hunter, followed by his next 35 years as a Drahzik Manhunter, becoming more and more efficient at the art of hunting, tracking and killing. He is armed with a pair of Drahzik Wrist Blades, a Plasma Emitter (shoulder mounted on his backpack to keep his hands free) and a Drahzik Spear Gun, which he has stowed away on his backpack. He wears Drahzik Ceremonial Heavy Armour which offers him 9:SOAK and grants him a +3d6 bonus to Stealth checks by rendering him partially invisible, discernible only by a slight shimmering.
His colleague is called Hakith-uan. I got their names from the Fantasy Name Generators website by clicking on the Predator/Yautja names (see here - https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/predator-yautja-names.php ) He is almost identical to A'thith-thwin with the same stats, but he is holding his Spear Gun in its extended configuration in his right hand and his Plasma Emitter has been deactivated.
Now here's the bad news - at least one of these characters will be facing off against the crew of The Ace of Spades in the next scenario of my ongoing campaign. An Organisation crime boss hires one (or perhaps both) to go after Kimberley and her crew! There will be blood! They are unquestionably scary opposition but I have noticed some telling weaknesses to them. It'll be an interesting encounter, that's for sure.
Note that in addition to finding the stats for the Drahzik race in EONS magazine, they also appear in the Universal Upgrades supplement for N.E.W., which is available from Amazon UK for £14.70. Here's the link for it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOIN-Universal-Upgrades-Russ-Morrissey/dp/136575281X/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1537871497&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=N.E.W.+Universal+Upgrades

8 comments:

  1. Great looking figures Bryan, have been tempted by some of the models that Prodos have been releasing lately for predators, managed to resist so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dave. I am not a fan of Prodos as a company, having read many negative comments about them. I still have my WizKids "Horrorclix" Predators, who fit in so well with these two Heresy figures.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean, was being diplomatic about another company in the same industry ! LOL

      Delete
    3. I fully understand, Dave. Being diplomatic is always a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Excellent post, Bryan, a real corker, imho. I’m not a fan of “Prodos” myself, having seen some of the angry queues at their stall at past Salute shows. Tbf fair they’ve never caused me any consternation as such, albeit I’m rather cross about them apparently dropping their “War Zone” range after investing so I heavily in it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most appreciated, Simon. I have never had any dealings whatsoever with Prodos, but reading so many negative comments about them on numerous forums has meant I have no desire to part with any of my money with them.

      Delete
  3. These are mean looking characters, it will be interesting to see your scenario and games with them.
    Thanks for the link to the name generator, I'd lost it and was wondering how to find it. It's a fantastic resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, John. I'm hoping to run my latest scenario very soon.

      The Fantasy Name Generators website is such an incredibly useful resource. So much so that I have added it to my list of useful websites in the sidebar.

      Delete