Tuesday 9 October 2018

Repair Crew and Reporters

Seeing as I was so impressed with the Hong Kong Killer Fembots from Statuesque Miniatures (see here ) I decided to purchase some more figures from their sci-fi range and here they are.
First up are the repair crew. This set of four figures could be planet-based or work on a space station or a starship. I haven't decided how I'll be using them just yet and I haven't named any of them. I just finished painting them a week ago and wanted to showcase them as soon as possible.
At the left are two females. The one at the far left was a two-piece casting with her large tool bag a separate component. They all have torches held at the back of their belts except for the female second from the left who is holding her torch up in her left hand. Moving on, are a male with wrench and at far right, a male with a flame rifle. The flame rifle is a separate component. Strangely enough, in none of the WOIN rulebooks are there any stats for a flamethrower type weapon, but there are stats for an Incinerator Unit weapon in the Xenomorphs supplement (see p.15). I'll probably come up with my own stats for flame rifles, flame pistols and flamethrowers.
These next two figures are cameraman, Staz Carter, and reporter, Tallulah Caine. Despite looking like contemporary figures they are part of the Resistance Fighters range of sci-fi figures. They are certainly generic enough to be used in any setting from the 1960's to the far future. I'm undecided as to whether to use them in N.O.W., N.E.W. or Judge Dredd. These figures are both two-piece castings - Carter comes with a separate right arm and camera and Caine with a separate right hand and microphone.
Andrew Rae's sculpts are really beautiful and incredibly detailed. They are a bit pricey, with the repair woman holding the torch costing £4.25, the repair man with wrench and female with tool bag both costing £4.50 and the guy with the flame costing £4.75. You can, however, buy all four for the discounted price of £16.00, which is what I did (see here - http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/p/9280414/spl001-the-deck-department.html ). Carter and Caine cost £8.00 for the pair (see here - http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/p/8690578/sm017-tallulah-caine-and-carter.html ). I should mention that I received my figures the day after I placed my order, which is incredibly fast and efficient. I am very impressed with all of the figures that Statuesque Miniatures make and I'll certainly be placing further orders with them. These six 32mm scale figures that I've showcased here are versatile enough to be used in many a setting which makes them great value for money, in my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Great painting Bryan, all these models have a great versatility as you say, across many games and systems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Dave, and that's why I like them so much.

      Delete
  2. another terrific group of civis to set dress your games Bryan.

    ReplyDelete