Tuesday 9 January 2018

Assorted Aliens 01

My The Ace of Spades Campaign is filled with many alien races. I have combined races from N.E.W., GURPS Space and Space Opera. But the universe is a vast place and there a lots of other aliens not covered in the books that go to populate the worlds of my campaign setting. Here I present five unique aliens produced by Moonraker Miniatures from their Future Skirmish Aliens range. Note that these were originally sold by EM4 Miniatures as a boxed set of fully painted figures, and it is these that I am showing here. All I did to them was base them, add texture to the bases then paint the bases. The figures sold by Moonraker Miniatures come unpainted, but otherwise are identical to mine.
I have no idea what their races or names are so I'll resort to using the descriptions given to them on the Moonraker Miniatures webstore. From left to right are 0467 Feeder, 0464 Hunter, 0466 Ghost, 0465 Grey and 0468 Cockroach. There is something very Gigeresque about the Feeder and the Hunter makes me think of Predator. Ghost is my favourite figure out of this range. He looks the most menacing. As for the Grey, in the N.E.W. alien bestiary, there is a race called the Greys, but I don't think this alien is one of them. I suspect he's just been called that because his dominant colour is grey. Finally, Cockroach is a good variant type Bug alien with an amazing paint job.
I must admit that when I received my set of these figures I was highly impressed with the quality of the paint jobs. Whoever painted them came up with colour schemes I wouldn't have thought of. I have yet to come up with stats for any of them but for now they'll come in useful as background figures to populate scenes like a starport bar or an arrivals/departure lounge or some cosmopolitan city.
These are all one-piece metal castings and they come with hexagonal-shaped slottabases, which I replaced with 25mm diameter circular slottabases. Each one costs £2.00, which is very reasonable in my opinion. Here's a link to their webpage - http://moonrakerminiatures.com/aliens.htm

9 comments:

  1. A good assortment of species, there, Bryan.

    I have to admit to looking at the Moonraker and CP Models catalogues and seeing what sci-fi figures there are that would be of use for NPCs and the like, but I've never dealt with Moonraker before so hearing another good report about them is encouraging. Ah, so much choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Roy. I like to think that lots of choice is a good thing. I also like the fact that Moonraker are picking up old ranges that went OOP and are keeping them in circulation.

      Delete
  2. Some interesting races and colourful colour schemes Bryan. Can see elements from lots of movie monsters in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Dave. You are spot on with the movie references but they are close copies and not exact replicas.

      Delete
  3. That’s some fine looking Miniatures mate, really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking collection of Aliens Bryan, and as you say, very reasonably priced.
    Thanks for showcasing them and providing the link :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Greg. In this day and age, £2.00 per figure is very reasonable. I'm glad they're still available for sale.

      Delete
  5. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete