Monday 25 June 2018

UFP Starfleet Crew 01

Do you remember this photo from my Alien Base scenario of my The Ace of Spades Campaign? It shows some of the crew of The Ace of Spades being debriefed on a UFP Class XIV Fleet Cruiser, the Valarion. At the back of the photo are two UFP Starfleet officers and two BRINT agents. They were not named but in this post I want to take a closer look at some of the officer figures of the UFP Starfleet that I have, followed by a look at my BRINT personnel in my next post.
In my campaign, the United Federation of Planets, aka the UFP, are the good guys of the universe. A brief history of them can be found in this post here - https://vampifanwoin.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-setting-of-ace-of-spades-campaign_6.html Note that although my UFP shares the same name as the UFP from the Star Trek universe, the two organisations are different but they do share much in common.
At the far left is Admiral Gloria Yronwode (pronounced "Ironwood"), a much respected officer and a battle-hardened veteran. She is armed with a Phaser Pistol and a Light Sword, the hilt of which is just visible beneath her right hand. Her baton is purely ceremonial but could be used as a club. This figure is a conversion of a very old Citadel Imperial Guard Officer and it is rare to see a female Imperial Guard. I added her Light Sword, shoulder epaulettes, belt pouch, left arm pouch and trouser pocket.
Next in line is Captain James Caswell, commanding officer of the Valarion. He has performed exceptionally well since joining Starfleet and his promotion to Captain was thoroughly deserved. His figure is an old Grenadier Miniatures Traveller ship's officer that I converted by adding his Light Sword, Phaser Pistol in holster, belt pouch, arm pouch and trouser pocket.
The remaining two officers are Lieutenants Michael Cavanagh and Roberta Kukla. Both are young but competent officers with a promising future ahead of them. They are both armed with Phaser Pistols and I was delighted to see that the sculptor had modelled them on the iconic Star Trek Phaser Pistol design. These are also old and long out of production Grenadier Traveller ship's crew. Once again, I converted them by adding their holsters, belt pouches, sensor scanners on their belts, arm pouches and trouser pockets.
Please note that I have loads of figures for my UFP Starfleet Navy, Marines and Commandos. In time I will hopefully show them all but for now this is a start. If I wanted to run a purely military campaign it would be no problem at all. Plus, I am building up a formidable fleet of UFP starships.

8 comments:

  1. Great looking conversions and painting Bryan, and good use of some very old models

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like those a lot, Bryan, especially the white piping with the grey uniforms. Some nice classic sculpts clearly brought back to life - which is always a good thing in my books :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's most kind of you, Simon. I like this colour scheme and have never seen the need to change it, despite these being very old figures.

      Delete
  3. These look awesome mate, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very kind of you to say so, Andy.

      Delete
  4. "Up-cycling" of old minis at its very best Bryan - and after the teaser at the end of your post about the UFP starships, I'm looking forward to more of these 'showcase' posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Greg. There will be a lot more of these posts. As for my starships, I am busy painting them, but I've yet to start on my UFP Starfleet. They will get done as I'm keen to play more starship battles.

      Delete